I met her!! I FINALLY met her!!!!!
Saturday I met my youngest daughters birthmother for the very first time. She is beautiful inside and out. I was finally able to thank her for the precious gift she gave me 4 years ago. The feeling that you get when you meet them for the first time is indescribable. Macey looks just like her. I am so thankful for all three of my birthmothers. But being able to hug her and say thank you was just FANTASTIC!





3 Comments:
Your girls are beautiful! We just adopted a little boy and we were able to meet a get to know his birth mom- it has been an amazing experience!
Awwww...that's awesome! How fortunate of you. <3
Just found your blog and what a great posts to be my first to comment. With our second little girl, we were able to meet her birthmother on the day she was born. I was just telling my husband the other day how thankful I was for that. She hasn't been in contact with us since (Amelia is 9 months old) but I'm hoping she will want contact later. With our first daughter, I have a picture of her birthmother holding her the day she was born, but she didn't want to meet us. Our first daughter's adoption was a fairytale story where everything worked out perfectly, we had only been in the process for 1 month, and we still keep in contact with the agency, nurses at the hospital, attorney, etc. With our second, everyone involved was terribly rude and the hospital was unbelievably adoption "unfriendly". (Needless to say, no Christmas cards for any of them :) Plus we had just gone through an adoption fraud, so that was a rough beginning. So I am so glad that God gave us the blessing of meeting her birthmother and that I can tell Amelia that I was the one that took that sweet picture of her and her birthmother and I can tell her how she and I hugged and cried as we said goodbye to each other -- it was definitely priceless!!
Post a Comment
<< Home