Prejudice
Thursday my husband was out walking our dog and our daughter was riding her bike along with him. He noticed a man driving a white car around our new neighborhood. He appeared to be about 30ish and asian. As most know my husband and I are caucasion and our daughters are African American. They get home from their walk and put stuff up and go inside. As he's going in he notices a sheriffs car drives up in front with the white car behind them. They talk to each other for a minute, the white car drives off and the sherriffs come to the door to question my husband about who's bike is in our garage and who the little girl is etc. Now my husband is salt and pepper haired and 50 years old, our youngest is 4 and i understand concerns but COME ON WE live in Houston, where I see older couples with kids of different races and bi -racial couples, etc. ALL THE TIME!! I don't know whether to be offended and think some folks have too much time on their hands and need to mind their own biz or what.
What do you think?
What do you think?





2 Comments:
I think that is totally bizarre, and I'm sorry your family had to deal with it.
I can sort of understand where it came from.
We are going through the adoption process at the moment in the UK, and are having to jump through all kinds of hoops.
A huge emphasis is put on placing children in the same background and ethnicity over here - specifically to avoid what you experienced.
Post a Comment
<< Home